Golden Blood Pack
Hello and welcome to The Golden Bloods. We are a wolf role play site for all level of role players. You do not have to have a wolf quest account to join and if you don't please post a bio on the bio section or pm me, your admin HiddenFaith. Thank you and hope you enjoy the site!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Steven Universe? Let's pitch some ideas
Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 pm by Me

» MIGHT AS WELL
Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 pm by Me

» Dfx Audio Enhancer 11.015 Key Free Download
Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 pm by Me

» Long-arse hiatus much?
Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:16 pm by Me

» Breathing New Life
Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:03 pm by Me

» Rebirth on Poilim
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:56 pm by Me

» Alternative City
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 pm by Me

» Skyrim Adventures
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:51 pm by Me

» Fall Den
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:50 pm by Me

Top posting users this month

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 44 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Visitor Counter
Web Counter
Web Counter

Questions about Erebus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about Erebus

Post  Me on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Warning: Crazy ramblings within. Proceed with caution.

Okay, so my Literature class started a Mythology unit, focusing mostly on Greek mythology.  Our assignment today was to read how the Greeks thought that the world was created. And then I came across the name Erebus. I wasn't too surprised. But then... I noticed something. The creation of the world and the story of Erebus (Khora's character) have some similarities...
According to my book first there was nothing but Chaos. Suddenly Night and Erebus appeared, making them the children of Chaos?

Okay, so Erebus is (was, whatever) a murderer, and Erebus is described as "the unfathomable depth where death dwells"... Kind of similar (Ok, probably not. I just wanted to put the epic description that this writer used to describe Erebus (Not Khora's Erebus!)

Anyway... Continuing with the story. "From Darkness (Night?) and from Death (Erebus?) Love was born, and with its birth, order and beauty began to banish blind confusion. Love created Light with its companion, radiant Day."

This is actually the part where I went. "WHAT A MINUTE- HOLD THE PHONE! REWIND!" So Erebus met Khora and fell in love. (Am I right? Because even though I have some objections about it, I totally ship Khorebus because those two are adorable together, and it's not like Blaze is gonna come back and it's not like Erebus will suddenly change his mind about his sexuality... Hold on. Thats another question... What exactly is Erebus? Straight or bisexual? I don't recall being told.) Ahem. So from Erebus suddenly came this love. He doesn't know how it happened, it just did. AND THIS LOVE FOR KHORA MADE HIM SORT OF KIND OF START GETTING TO BE A BETTER PERSON/WOLF/WHATEVER! He wanted to impress her. To show her that he isn't a monster.  And she saw that good in him. (Maybe. It would be nice if she did. This is how I imagine it.) And since their love inspired him to be good enough to be voted for alpha (Wolf democracy, OH YEAH!) this is how love brought about order and stopped the confusion in the pack (because they didn't know exactly what to do without a leader, so everyone was just kind of in charge of their own thing or something; also Khora called for the vote).

Ummm... After that Earth (Gaea) appeared and made Heaven (Ouranos) to be her husband or something... And they had the Titans, who overthrew their father, and the Titans were overthrown by their children the Gods, and then Man was created. The end.

So I don't really have much more to say... Maybe, if they ever get together and I am given permission, I will make a child of Khora and Erebus and name it something to do with this myth. I dunno. I would like to know if I'm just crazy and making up the connection between these things, or if it actually sort of makes sense. I'd also like answers to my questions... (Pretty please, Khora.) And while I'm at it I want Netflix to add the next season of Doctor Who already and I want Destiel, Merthur, and Jonhlock to be made canon because they're so obviously perfect for each other, goshdangit! I would like a lot of things. But I sadly will probably not get them. I'm such a spoiled brat. ; ^ ;
Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about Erebus

Post  HiddenFaith on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Holo you are amazing, and you see. You're correct in a multitude of ways. Originally Erebus was named what he was simply because it meant darkness. And then when I came to the knowledge of the mythological connections, I did extensive research. And I do mean extensive. So yes, a lot of the things you've noticed are in truth well, true. Yes, Khora noticed how he was beginning to become good. This is why she begins to feel the way he did for her back. Also, Erebus is straight, he will use anything to his advantage however even if it means leading someone on. Well, the old him did.
And as for having one of their pups (if they had any) well... We'll see about that. ;3

Urdnot Wrex: Now we can get back to doing what krogan do best: saving everyone else from giant monsters.
Garrus Vakarian: Forgive the insubordination, but this old friend has an order for you. Go out there and give them hell. You were born to do this.
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: So you're a real living prothean?
Javik: As opposed to a fake dead one?
[silence]
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy: Uh... okay.
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Me on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Oh, I wouldn't say I was amazing... >///< Thank you for answering! Having my headcanons confirmed really means a lot to me. I'm excited to hear that you did research, because that means I'm not alone! I do this all the time! For example, if a character is going to have a quality that is very important to their story, such a Loyalty (You remember her, right?), then I will give them a name that fits that quality. I was very tempted to name her Leya, but in the end I couldn't help naming her so obviously. But sometimes I do tricksy things, like naming a certain used-to-be virgin wolf Ayalilla (which means pure and beloved) because she's a pure white-ish color and I always meant for her to be a mom, so she is beloved by her pups. But then sometimes I end up with a character named Honora who is not honorable at all! And that's because I'm horrible and don't always completely make up my mind until it's too late. Anyway... I'm going to bed now. I've stayed up way too late this past week.

Can't wait. ;P
Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top